Friday, July 18, 2014

Paganism and "Good Healthy Eating": My Tad Rant

So...as a Pagan, I value eating vegetables and fruits because they come from Goddess and God's seeds. I've always loved my veggies my whole life. I was never the typical child where adults would have to force feed plants into my mouth; I'd steal veggie platters during dinner and I'd leave almost nothing left for my sister (She is also a veggie lover) or our other relatives. Lately, though, my health has had some minor setbacks due to never being home for a full vitamin packed meal, and I've started to wind up going on a bad diet.

 My verge to randomly write about this is slightly irrelevant, but I feel like it's okay to write about something less related to Paganism periodically. Many Pagans value good health like everyone else does, and as a Pagan I haven't lived up to that value I was raised to have. Instead, I'll splurge out on cups of Dairy Queen with my boyfriend for the hell of it and eat a billion pizzas within a single month. Now that I think about it, I think I need to start resetting my diet before I feel physically worse.

Currently, as I write, I'm gulping down a tortilla wrap filled with Romaine lettuce, kale, oregano, sweet leaf basil spice, olive oil, and a very small dab of Creamy Italian Dressing. I was being mean to myself and didn't add on a hefty load of cheddar cheese because I've been eating that shit way too much. Honestly, I think my eight-month-old guinea pig Presley has a better diet than I do! He gets tons of peppers, lettuce, carrots, tomatoes, cucumber slices, blueberries, grapes, strawberries, etc (You name it!) on a consistent basis. I am failing myself while I persistently strive to give him a plentiful amount of nutrients to keep him strong.

Vegetables and fruits are sacred. I plan on utilizing their benefits so I can regain my energy to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment