Perspective From a (Sort of) Satanist
Pentagrams, the devil, sacrifice of animals, and evil are all associated with Satanism. But why? What is Satanism really? Is it truly evil? The answer is no, not at all! In this post I’ll cover the basics of Satanism and what it really means.
The Church of Satan was founded on April 30, 1996 by Anton LaVey. LaVey is also the author of the Satanic Bible. The belief of LaVeyan Satanism is that each person is their own god. Satanists don’t actually believe in the devil. Say it with me; "Satanists do NOT believe in the devil!" Satan is used as a symbol to represent pride, individualism, and the idea of indulgence rather than abstinence.
Could you possibly have anything in common with a belief system wrongfully associated with so much evil? Do you believe that you should not harm children? Do you believe you should show respect to other people when you are in their home? Are you against rape? If you answered yes to these, then you agree with three out of eleven Satanic Rules of Earth.
Below is a list of the eleven rules.
- Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
- Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
- When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
- If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.
- Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
- Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries to be relieved.
- Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose what you have obtained.
- Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
- Do not harm little children.
- Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
- When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.
Not bad rules to live by! Now you see that Satanism is in no way evil and should not be treated as such. If you’d like me to go more in depth on this topic, leave a comment below! If you like this post, share it with your friends.
Like us on Facebook, and be sure to follow our NEW Instagram account @midnightcandl3blog!