Friday, June 27, 2014

The Many Paths of Pagan Faith

Hello, again! 

For this post, I'm going to discuss the diversity of different sects that are out there so far. This is a fun topic for me because it gives me an opportunity to hear more views and perspectives. Here I go! 

Wicca is probably the most popular Neo-Pagan religion. Yes, I claim myself as a Wiccan, but I'm more eclectic due to specific concepts I'm not in total awe of. I'm not saying Wicca is a horrible belief. It definitely isn't. There are just some tiny little pieces of the Wicca cake that have too much frosting on them for my pleasure (I like sugar, but not an overdose). Gerald Gardner is the man who started it all (the Neo movement) and I'd say he was a brave soul for popularizing Wiccan in spite of how many Christians were against Pagan ideas throughout that history. I give him credit. Meanwhile, I could never personally establish myself on the Gardnerian Wicca path--I'm the type of selfish bitch who must establish her own route (I think it's sexy)--and that's my standing point. Take it or leave it, for I don't preach! 

Anyway...now that I think about it, I love to ponder about the different paths I have some knowledge in. Druidism, Shamanism, Gypsy Witchcraft, Astrau, Atheistic, and more I can't remember as I overly grin about blogging instead. I'm all for diversity. I fucking cherish different cultures and backgrounds, especially in the Pagan world ('tis an enchanted one!). The only Pagans I know in real life are straightforward Wiccans--I wish I had the gift of knowing other diverse Pagans. If you'd like to share more about your path or view points, feel free to leave a comment on this post. Group discussion is always enjoyable. I'd love to involve my newborn audience.  

Coming Next: "Midnight Candle Comment/Discussion Rules."  

Thank you for reading! May Light and Love shine your way! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment